NATA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates may come from the following backgrounds:
(a) 10+2 or equivalent passed/appearing;
(b) 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/appearing recognized by Central/State Govts;
(c) International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling.
QUALIFYING IN NATA-2018 DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A RIGHT/ GUARANTEE IN FAVOUR OF THE CANDIDATE FOR HIS/HER ADMISSION TO ANY ARCHITECTURE COURSE UNLESS HE/SHE HAS FULFILLED ALL THE PRESCRIBED REQUIREMENTS AS SPECIFIED BY RESPECTIVE COUNSELLING AND ADMISSION AUTHORITIES.
Only candidates who have the following credentials shall be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course.
- Qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2018.
- Have gone through any of the following curriculum with marks as prescribed below:
- 10+2 or equivalent examination of Central/State Govts. with 50% aggregate marks and with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination; OR
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts. with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination; OR
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
No direct lateral admission is allowed at any other year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
The result will be made available as follows:
- Marks obtained in each component and out of 200.
- Pass/ Fail
Qualifying marks for NATA-2018 would be based on the following rules:
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
A Candidate will not qualify in NATA-2018 unless he/ she satisfy all three conditions mentioned above.