What is GATE (Architecture & Planning)
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of undergraduate subjects in Architecture and Planning. The score is used for admissions to post-graduate architecture and planning programmes (eg. M.Arch, M.Plan and Phd) in Indian higher education institutes with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies. The score may also used by Public sector units for employment screening purposes.
Benefits of GATE Giving
- Essential for the admission in postgraduate programs of IIT’s, SPA’s and NIT’s (National Importance and Primer Institute ofIndia
- Scholarship of Rs.12500/pm from MHRD during the course duration
- Job recruitment by various government Enterprise
- Open the Architecture and Planning Career into various other Nobel Specialize Field
- Good Gate score also opens admission chances in various foreign universities like Technical University of Munich, Germany and many more
- If looking for scholarship to study in foreign university GATE score helps to gain scholarship like
- Maxico and Korea Student Scholarship
- Study scholarship for Architecture Student through DAAD Germany
- The Felix Scholarship for Future Architect
- TATA Scholarship for Architects And Many More
Scope of GATE EXAM
While some choose to work, more than 76 percent of students opt for Master’ or further studies after completing their Bachelor’s programme, opted from Council of Architecture. They specialise in streams such as Landscape Architecture, Architectural Conservation, Urban Design, Building Engineering & Management, Environmental Planning, Housing, Transport Planning, Regional Planning, Town and Country Planning, Industrial Design etc. The SPA and CEPT Ahmedabad are considered to be some of the best colleges for a Master’s degree.
Structure of GATE Exam
There will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA). The remaining 85 % of the total marks is devoted to the syllabus of the paper (as indicated in the syllabus section).
SYLLABUS – Broadly
- City planning
- Landscape Design
- Computer Aided Design
- Environmental Impact On and Through Buildings
- Visual and UrbanDesign
- History of Architecture
- Development of Contemporary Architecture
- Building Services
- Building Construction and Management
- Materials and Structural Systems
- Planning Theory
- Techniques of Planning
- Traffic and Transportation Planning
- Infrastructure, Services and Amenities
- Development Administration and Management
- Building Structure
Score needed in GATE Architecture and Planning to get an admission in prime institutes like IITs?
For getting IIT seat in Architecture and Planning course, requirement of score above 58 marks, cutoffs usually vary between 58 to 62, to be safe side keep it over 65.
According to recent reports published by SPA Delhi, around 14,600 students appeared for GATE architecture exam in 2017. We will be approaching 3rd, 4th and 5th year architecture students of Delhi NCR in phase 1 which is around 2200 students.
Fees Range Expected
40,000-50,000 per student. (currently some GATE material is available online with a fees of Rs. 22,000)
Capturing the market
Easiest way to capture the market is through direct approaching the architecture colleges in Delhi-NCR and talking with the students in time frame of 30mins. Small workshop of 3 days can also be conducted to motivate and clearing the students doubt.
To run this course effectively and efficiently, I’ll be requiring 2+1 faculties (2 full time and one part time) including me. Projector equipped class room with the capacity of 50 for 3 days in a week including weekends.
Course Specific Requirements
Specialized course materials, Video recordings of the lectures and online doubt clearing portal
My Role and Requisite (briefly)
I’ll be directing and managing this program in order to have maximum results. Course materials will also be prepared by me. I’ll be requiring 30% of student fees to run this program efficiently with the contract of 3yrs min.
Next Gate Exam
198 days from today. i.e. 4th Feb 2018
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Friday||1st September 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website)||Thursday||5th October 2017|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||Friday||17th November 2017|
|Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)||Friday||5th January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
|03rd February 2018
04th February 2018
10th February 2018
11th February 2018
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||Saturday||17th March 2018|